The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), an essential tool in securing need-based support, is available at high school guidance offices, college or university financial aid offices and online.

The FAFSA requires information from your and your parents’ federal income tax returns. You don’t need to wait until your tax returns are filed to complete and submit the FAFSA. If you haven’t yet submitted your income tax forms, you should submit the FAFSA with estimated tax return figures. There’s no penalty for filing estimated tax figures on the FAFSA, and you’ll have the opportunity to correct information later if necessary.

In the section of the FAFSA titled "Releases and Signatures," please enter "University of Maryland, College Park" and our school code: 002103. When you submit your FAFSA online, you should request your FSA ID from the federal processor so you can sign the FAFSA electronically. If you are a dependent student, a parent must also apply for an FSA ID to file online. You may apply for your FSA ID at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

The Office of Student Financial Aid provides additional information about completing the FAFSA.



The best part? It’s free to fill-out. 

Your Admission Representative Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Connecticut Delaware Delaware District of Columbia District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Puerto Rico Virgin Islands International