Admitted Spring FreshmenCongratulations on your admission to the University of Maryland for the spring semester! Your academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and diverse experiences make you a great fit for the university. We know you have a lot to consider, including whether to participate in Freshmen Connection, but the information below will help you take the steps you need to join the Maryland family.
1. Review your letter of admission on the application portal. It includes important information about your semester of admission, major, and residency status. Log in to the application portal using the PIN and password used when you submitted your application, and click on "Your application decision is now available online" to review your letter of admission.
3. Respond to your offer of admission. If you choose to confirm your enrollment (and we hope you do!), please refer to your admission decision letter on the application portal. Within your letter is a hyperlink that allows you to confirm your enrollment. It may take up to 48 business hours for your confirmation to be processed and posted to your record. If you decide not to attend UMD, we ask that you decline your offer of admission through the application portal.
4. Submit your $400 enrollment deposit. This nonrefundable enrollment deposit will reserve your place in the incoming class and be applied to your tuition. The preferred payment method is by credit card, but the application portal will provide instructions for other payment options if needed.
5. Explore the Freshmen Connection program. Freshmen Connection is an academic program where students who have confirmed their spring admission enroll in University of Maryland courses in the prior fall semester. The program helps students get on track to graduate in four years and completed courses count toward your degree and GPA. Participation in Freshmen Connection is not required of spring admits, but those who choose to enroll must confirm enrollment in the program and pay the confirmation fee on the Freshmen Connection website.
- If you are enrolling in Freshmen Connection during the fall semester, you should request fall housing directly with the Department of Resident Life.
- If you are not enrolling in Freshmen Connection during the fall semester, you should complete the agreement form available through the application portal.
Find out more about on and off campus housing and dining.
Find out how you can receive transfer credit for your courses and course credit for AP, IB, A/AS Level, and CLEP exams.